Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Bitch is Stealing My Style. Oh Yeah, and Offending People.

Photobucket
First of all, and probably more important to you, Rachel Ray's latest ad for Dunkin' Donuts has been banned because she is wearing a keffiyeh. Fox News(ugh) commentator Michelle Malkin says “The keffiyeh has come to symbolize murderous Palestinian jihad.” Spoken like a true narrow minded jerk off. As for Dunkin' Donuts, the company says the scarf was “selected by (Ray’s) stylist for the advertising shoot. Absolutely no symbolism was intended. However, given the possibility of misperception, we are no longer using the commercial.” I am just grossed out by everyone stealing my style! And yes it is mine! I have been straight up rocking the keffiyeh forever, and yes, I do wear it as a symbol of solidarity between the Palestinian and Isrealis in reference to the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict. When not wearing that, I wear my Afghan scarves, similar styles of which are now being sold at Urban Effing Outfitters. And no, I didn't get mine there, my husband got them for me in Afghanistan from Afghani friends who *shocker!* were not terrorists! Yes, I know it's selfish to want to rip every keffiyeh and fake Afghan scarf I see off the neck of every bitch, but damn! That's genuine, and it's who I am. My style! Wah! Yes, baby want her bah bah.

0 comments:

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and Buildings by Antoine Mallet