Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Happy Birthday Biggie!

Photobucket
Christopher Wallace aka Notorious B.I.G. aka Biggie Smalls aka Big Poppa would have been 36 today. I don't like to mourn death, instead we should celebrate his life, the music and poetry he spit while he was here, and the smiles he brought to everyone's faces. Every time I hear "One More Chance" I feel like I'm back driving in D.C. with my friend singing our favorite line EVER, "Cause ya'll don't know how to act when the toungue go down below! Peep the funk flow!" I smile just thinking about that shit! One of the best songs ever, I swear. And if you don't love this song, I just don't know how to relate to you.

"Is My Mind Playing Tricks Like Scarface and Bushwick? Willie D. Havin' Nightmares of Girls Killin' Me..."
But of course we know he was almost prophetic when it came to his time left here on Earth. Not just because he dropped "Ready to Die", but just look at "Suicidal Thoughts". That was his redemption song. And I think if there is a heaven, it is about redemption. People who knew how they fucked up and were sincerely sorry. I think if you want to look into his soul, that's probably the song to do it. I'm sure he's up there spitting mad rhymes to Hendrix and Robert Goulet. Pac and Elvis probably made him a birthday cake and everything.

"Stay far from timid, only make moves when your hearts in it, and live the phrase sky's the limit."

0 comments:

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and Buildings by Antoine Mallet