Thursday, May 29, 2008

I Just Knew We'd Be Next!

Photobucket
My hot bitch blind Gov. David A. Paterson has directed all state agencies to begin revising their policies and regulations to recognize same-sex marriages performed in other jurisdictions, like Massachusetts, California and Canada. Can I get a what, what! I told everyone, once you get the pendulum swinging, it's hard to stop it! The revisions are most likely to involve as many as 1,300 statutes and regulations in New York governing everything from joint filing of income tax returns to transferring fishing licenses between spouses. Paterson described the move as “a strong step toward marriage equality.” The directive is the strongest signal yet that Mr. Paterson, who developed strong ties to the gay community as a legislator, plans to push aggressively to legalize same-sex unions as governor. You can read the whole article at The New York Times, but I'm telling you, it won't be long until NY will be performing gay marriages too. Change towards equality and civil liberties is very exciting. Knowing that the right thing is being done is, to me, fullfilling. And all I can say is that it's about time!
Photobucket

0 comments:

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and Buildings by Antoine Mallet