Thursday, June 12, 2008

Charlize Theron in July's British "GQ"

Photobucket
Charlize Theron is the covergoddess for July's British GQ, and talks with the mag about everything from growing up in South Africa, to the desperation of some of today's Hollywood stars. She says when it comes to her peers claiming that they need the attention of the paps to maintain their celebrity, "It comes across as this really sad need for approval. I've heard people make comments like, 'You don't really want to be in the tabloids but you need to be for your career.' They believe it's actually important. It's not. It's ugly." She also scoffs at the idea that to be successful in Hollywood, you must keep your name in the headlines at all cost-even if that means creating your own scandal. "People say, 'That's your job.' It really isn't, actually. It's not my job to go out there and make an ass out of myself." However, Charlize chalks some of her level headed attitude to growing up in South Africa, where she learned to appreciate the simple things. "It made me resilient. When you come from a harsh landscape you have to get on with it. Theres not a lot of whining about sh*t." When it comes to her downtime, you won't find this dope female getting wasted at the club or crashing her car into telephone polls. She'd much rather be chillin' at her crib with some good friends. Adds Charlize, "I'd rather get drunk on red wine and talk with people I love. Friends come over and we cook, take long walks and hang out on the beach." I don't know about you, but that's definetely the kind of girl I would love to hang out with. Sure she'd probably make me look like quasimodo, but she'd be cool as hell.





Source

0 comments:

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and Buildings by Antoine Mallet