Thursday, June 12, 2008

Paul Newman Gives Fortune To Charity

Photobucket
Just days after a friend confirmed that Paul Newman did indeed have cancer, it has been revealed that the actor has turned over the entire value of his ownership in Newman’s Own to charity. The amount of Newman's donations to Newman’s Own Foundation Inc. comes to $120 million. All I have to say is: damn. If there is a heaven, Paul Newman is definetely going there. On a V.I.P. pass. And not just because he gave $120 million. Don't get me wrong, even when people fear the end might be near and are seeking redemption, they don't go so far as to give that much to charity. What makes Paul Newman so special is all the time he has devoted beforehand to charitable causes and the fact that all the proceeds from Newman's Own-formed in 1982, have gone to education and charitable causes, including Hole in the Wall Gang Camp, a camp for seriously ill children. Now, I don't know if you've ever tried Newman's Own, but I'm not even lying when I say that is the only salad dressing I will buy, and hands down the ONLY light dressing that tastes good. My favorites are the Lighten Up Honey Mustard (i eat that like, every day), the Low Fat Seasame Ginger, the Southwest, and the Organic Creamy Ceasar. It's so good it makes every other brand taste like sewer water. The fact that this is the best brand on the market AND all proceeds go to charity make this purchase a no brainer.
Source

0 comments:

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and Buildings by Antoine Mallet