Monday, June 9, 2008

Queen Latifah To Marry Longtime Girlfriend?

Photobucket
Now, this story comes from The National Enquirer, so I'm totally taking it with a grain of salt. However, the mag claims that Queen Latifah plans to marry her partner of five years, personal trainer Jeanette Jenkins, after the ruling in California that legalized same-sex marriages. The Queen has never confirmed nor denied being the L word, telling Ebony in 2007,
“No comment on that at all. I’m done commenting on all that … It’s ridiculous, I know me and that’s all I need to know.
“And if the readers don’t know me, then that’s one part they aren’t going to get to know. Those are my people but they don’t sleep with me,” she says in a very even tone that is very consistent with her relaxed mood. “It feels so invasive. It’s the one thing I don’t think people need to know about.”
As for Jeanette, she hasn't publicly come out either, but why would she? I mean, it's not like she's in the public eye. Personally, I don't see why anyone would have to "come out". Straight people don't hold press conferences to announce that they're straight, or take to the cover or magazines to declare that their straightness. Being gay, being bi, being straight, it's just another normal part of who someone is, so what's the need to make a big deal over "coming out"?
Anyway! The Enquirer says that Queen is “planning an intimate ceremony with close family and friends.” She has also spoken about her desire to adopt an American child, so marrying Jeanette would be a great step towards solidifying her committment and building a family. Congrats if this is true!

Source

0 comments:

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and Buildings by Antoine Mallet