Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Jada Pinkett Smith in "Capitol File" Magazine

Photobucket
The superfabulous, superintelligent and super self assured Jada Pinkett Smith is in the latest issue of Capitol File and let me just tell you: everytime I read or watch an interview of this woman, she always inspires me. Jada, who can be seen in the upcoming movie "The Women", spoke with C.F. about her thoughts on feminism, the role of insecurity in the entertainment industry, and her 2004 lyrical children’s book, Girls Hold Up This World, which challenges young girls to realize their full worth, power, and beauty. “We girls hold up this world as we build our self-esteem. We know that discipline will turn a princess into a queen,” she writes. “We are sisters of this earth—members of one powerful tribe. Every color, shape, and size, we’re united by beauty inside.” She also talked about how she instills those same values into her children's lives, stating that "The things I have to talk to my children about, at such a young age… it would blow your mind. I have to constantly reassure my daughter that she’s beautiful and teach my sons a different thought process when it comes to how they view women. I’m lucky, though, because Will really values the feminine. He exalts women." I for one totally believe that. I mean, with such an amazing wife, how could he not? I think Jada Pinkett Smith is the absolute opitome of the modern woman: She is smart, self aware, driven, and shows that you can have a solid family and career. Oftentimes women think it is one or the other, so we definetely need more strong women like Jada to show them that any vision you conceive is possible.

Source

0 comments:

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and Buildings by Antoine Mallet