Friday, September 19, 2008

Slacker Chic of the Month: Scarlett Johansson

Photobucket
Scarlett Johansson smashed the competition this month, leaving competitors Lady Kier, Cat Power and The Wau Wau Sisters in her dust. It is no secret: like you guys, I adore Ms. Johansson. She's classy and elegeant, yet young and fresh. She takes the old school glamour of Hollywood past and brings it a modern day flair. Not only is she respected for her professionalism and wise movie role choices, she is praised for being a healthy representation of a woman's body in a town full of skin and bones stars. While it may seem totally lame and cliche, I must admit something. Everytime I start to feel down on myself, thinking I need to improve my own physic, I look at ScarJo and feel better about myself. She doesn't appologize for being blessed with the body she was given. Instead, she works every inch of it like the confident woman she is. She's a great reminder to not try to look like anyone else, but rather the best version of yourself. Not only is this woman a great role model for young girls, but for women her own age as well. I also love that she can be a chamelon (be it internationally glam or London punk, wearing black hair, blonde hair, etc.) while never losing site of herself. Even rocking a mullet she looks self assured and penomenal. It's no doubt Ms. Johansson is one cool broad, and we're sure to only see more from her in the future.
ScarJo will compete against Erykah Badu, Shannyn Sossamon, Naomi Watts, Milla Jovovich, Zoe Kravitz and Zooey Deschanel at the end of the year for the superawesome title of Slacker Chic of the Year.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

0 comments:

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and Buildings by Antoine Mallet