Friday, October 24, 2008

Be Careful What You Wish For

Photobucket
Beyonce has long claimed that she has an alter ego when it comes to her onstage performances. An alter ego she has named Sasha Fierce. (Which I'm sure she was only able to use after receiving permission from Tyra Banks who has most likely trade marked the word "fierce".) It's not enough that she has branded herself with this new nomer, but she now wants us to call her that as well. "I have someone else that takes over when it's time for me to work and when I'm on stage, this alter ego that I've created that kind of protects me and who I really am." Bey...I mean Sasha said. "Sasha Fierce is the fun, more sensual, more aggressive, more outspoken side and more glamorous side that comes out when I'm working and when I'm on the stage." Additionally, she has set up a cryptic MySpace page(http://www.myspace.com/sashafierce) that gives a "lucky person" the opportunity to receive a personal message and a gift bag valued at $500. Has this chick learned nothing from JHo? First you want everyone to start calling you by this new name for a little bit of press. For a while you think it's kind of funny and cute until you start realizing that it was a moronic idea to give yourself such an idiotic stage name and then you being resenting it. You then kindly ask that no one call you by that name anymore which everyone refuses to do because you have already engrained it in our heads with all the t-shirts and cds and clothing lines and shit that you have slapped with said nickname. Instead of getting mad at yourself, you start to blame the public and get increasingly bitchy and bitter over not being called by your grown up name, taking it out on us, the innocent public who is just doing as you asked. In the words of the wise sages, the pussycat dolls, be careful whatchoo wish for cause you just might get it.

0 comments:

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and Buildings by Antoine Mallet