Friday, November 28, 2008

Two New Clips from "Little Ashes"


The amazinglyincrediblyawesomeand exciting new film "Little Ashes" about Salvador Dali have just released two new clips from the film. The movie stars Robert Pattinson as the surrealist painter and co-stars Javier Beltran as Frederico Garcia Lorca, Dali's secret luvah. Lorca always denied the speculation that he and Dali did the dirty deeds, saying “He was homosexual, as everyone knows, and madly in love with me…He tried to screw me twice... I was extremely annoyed, because I wasn't homosexual, and I wasn't interested in giving in. Besides, it hurts. So nothing came of it." Riddle me this Lorca, how would you know it hurt unless you tried it? If he was alive, he would be SO busted. Historians and biographers tend to agree that the duo were in fact more than friends, due to the overwhelming evidence found in letters between the two. "Having done a huge amount of research, it's clear something happened, no question… When you look at the letters it's clear something more was going on there….It began as a friendship, became more intimate and moved to a physical level but DalĂ­ found it difficult and couldn't carry on. He said they tried to have sex but it hurt, so they couldn't consummate the relationship” says "Little Ashes" writer Philippa Goslett.
Whether they did or didn't, I'm just looking forward to the opportunity to watch a movie about my favorite person ever: the madman who was not mad.

0 comments:

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and Buildings by Antoine Mallet