Monday, December 29, 2008

Cate Blanchett in February's Vanity Fair

Photobucket
Cate Blanchett brings her obscene beauty to the pages of Vanity Fair's February edition, which was shot by world renowned photgrapher Annie Leibovitz. Now, I'm going to go ahead and say something you all might not like all for the sake of being honest and risk getting the verbal beat down of all verbal beat downs, but I believe A.L. is largely overated. Don't get me wrong, she's undoubtedly talented and can take a beautiful picture, but I just don't think she's all people make her out to be. With all the praise she gets, you'd think she found the cure for AIDS or cancer or reinvented the wheel. Personally I think there are a number of photographers that are much, much better than she is (such as Derek Blanks), and evoke more emotion. Then again, when it comes to all artforms, I suppose it's all just a matter of opinion and personal taste.
That being said, I now fear for my life. I'm sure A.L. intunitively knows someone out there is saying she is not the greatest thing to ever happen to the universe since the moon, and is ringing up mercinaries and hitmen to get to the bottom of things right this very minute. I don't know much about her, but she definetely seems like one of those ego-maniacal types. Like Kanye West. But instead of a mic, she has a camera.



0 comments:

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and Buildings by Antoine Mallet