Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Ew.

Photobucket
Kelly Rutherford, known(ish) for her roles on Melrose Place and Gossip Girl, recently told US Weekly that she still breast feeds her two year old son Hermes. Now before we start talking about how icky that is, can we stop for a moment and reflect on her son's name? I know she thinks she's being all classy and shit, but I assure her she is not. There should really be some sort of law stating that you cannot name your poor child after luxury fashion brands, allergy and cold medication or any type of food (I'm talking to you Gwyneth Paltrow). I mean, the woman is 40 years old-she should know better. Besides, someone who is from Kentucky naming their child Hermes is just not right. Was "Prada Resort" taken?
Anyway, back to the point. Rutherford tries to sound like she's breastfeeding for her son's benefit, but I think if you read between the lines, she's basically saying "I do it because it's an easy way to burn 500 calories and it's all about being skinny." Here's what she had to say on the issue: "It's an amazing bond with your child. Some cultures do it up to five years, normally. I thought, 'Well, I'll just do it as long as it feels right for my son." She then added "I was thinner after my pregnancy than before, and I think a lot of it was the nursing. They say it helps your body get back to shape in a natural way."
Ok first of all, if your child is old enough to eat solid food, he should not be breastfeeding. And if he's old enough to attend kindergarten, say his ABCs and count to ten, he definitely should not be doing it. But hey, what's weaning your not-a-baby baby off breastfeeding when it's helping you stay slim?
That child is going to have serious mommy issues when he grows up.

0 comments:

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and Buildings by Antoine Mallet