Thursday, December 18, 2008

It's Just a Rolled Cigarette

Photobucket
Time magazine has gotten ahold of some old, old pictures of Prezzie Barack Obama smoking what appears to be a joint. The pics were taken in 1980 by then-aspiring photographer Lisa Jack who recently dug the negatives out from her basement. Jack put the negatives in a safety deposit box until after the election so the photos couldn’t be used against him in any way. Obama has spoken openly about doing things in his past that most typical teenagers are at some point guilty of saying, “I think that, at this stage, my life is an open book, literally and figuratively. Voters can make a judgment as to whether dumb things that I did when I was a teenager are relevant to the work that I’ve done since that time.”
Tell me about it. I hate when people get in a tizzy over some crap a politician did when they were 18. After all. most of those people probably did the same things-if not worse. Not to mention the fact that everyone is miles different in their 30's and 40's than they are in their teens.

That being said, Barack Obama should really have a chit chat with Kristen Stweart about the methods in which they smoke their ciggies. Hand rolled and glass shaped cigarettes make you look guilty. I know the Europeans do it, but they tend to frown on that here in the States. And when I say "they", I do not mean me. Or my grandfather who always loves to tell me about how it was cheaper to roll your own ciggies during the Depression. And about penny candy. He actually likes to tell me about a lot of thing come to think of it.

4 comments:

en-vee said...

the past is the past.

I do love the pictures though..is that wrong?! haha

BUT not as much as I love your grandpa and his popped collar style!

Mrs. M. said...

lol! He does love to pop tha colla.
The pics are great! Especially that hat. He is probably the only person who can pull that off. Although many think they can-Ashlee Simpson, Mischa Barton, etc., they can't.

lacouturiernyc said...

i absolutely love love love these photos!! i actually put them in my things i love thursday post :)

xoxo,
La C.

Madam Miaow said...

Yeah, I saw these pix. Fab! Let's all remember this gorgeous young guy when he turns into your Tony Blair. Bwa-ha-ha!

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and Buildings by Antoine Mallet