Friday, December 19, 2008

What the Hell is Going on Here?

Photobucket
When I first saw these pictures of Rihanna and Chris Brown doing a little retail therapy at Louis Vuitton in Paris, I immediately thought of how much I love Chris Brown's whole look he's got going on. Sure it's a bit Kanye-ish, but that's alright. It's fashionable and cool. BUT THEN I saw Rihanna, and I wept a little bit. Are those boots and pants?!? As in, together and not separated? As in, they are one article of clothing? How. The. Hell? Someone please tell me what the purpose of that is. Or better yet, tell me how you get your ass in those damn things. Leather pants are hard enough, but attached to stilettos, they seem impossible. I bet they were ridiculously expensive too. Like more than you or I will ever make in our best year. All that money for all that aggrivation. It just doesn't seem worth it.
This also brings us to the very valuable lesson of just because it costs a lot, does not mean that it is awesome and should be worn in public. In fact, some of the most expensive pieces of clothing are the ugliest pieces of shit you will ever bear witness to. I get that Rihanna is all edgy and fashion foward and crap, but there's a time and place. And unfortunately for her, there will never be a time and place for these pants. Except of course the time is now and the place is a blazing inferno.

1 comments:

en-vee said...

i cant stand her..you gotta admit sometimes she tries too hard. Her and Megan Fox walk around like are some kind of gift to humanity from the heavens. blah..i just dont like'em

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and Buildings by Antoine Mallet