Friday, January 30, 2009

Fashion is Dead: Toby Keith Killed It

Photobucket
Forget everything I have said in the past about all the celebrity clothing lines that have come out. Avril Lavigne, Mel B., Alyssa Milano, I take back ever saying that their clothes were the worst thing that has ever happened to fashion. There is a new aborter of fashion on the prowl, and he goes by the name of Toby Keith. The country singer will launch his TK Steelman clothing line of consisting of-are you ready-sleeveless t-shirts in February. The line, which Keith plans to market to Target, Wal-Mart, Kohl’s and Macy’s, will feature long-sleeve shirts, t-shirts, polos, sweatshirts, jeans, cowboy hats, baseball caps, bandanas, belts, leather wrist straps and will target men aged 25 to 54. A press release describes the clothing as “part rocker and part biker with a ‘country sexy’ (barf) aesthetic”. The line will offer several types of sleeveless shirts, the singer’s signature style, by special request of Keith, who for years has torn the sleeves off his own shirts. Keith will launch his line on Feb. 18 at his restaurant “I Love This Bar & Grill” in Harrah’s Las Vegas.
He just couldn't go killing Bambi like he usually does, could he? He just had to come along and slaughter fashion. Bastard! However, like I've said before, no matter how much I disagree with Toby Keith's views on...well, pretty much everything, I have to say I respect him. His is the only motherfucker (save for Kathy Griffin) who has the balls to take his ass to Afghanistan to entertain the troops. And I'm not talking about Camp Cupcakes and Sunshine where they have BBQs every day and toss the volleyball around. I'm talking all up in the mountains in the daaaaanger zone. My husband isn't a TK fan, but let me tell you after 16 months of living on straw and rocks and shit, you pretty much dig anyone who takes the time to come see you. Especially if they don't get all special demands and Evian water and thirty armed bodyguards on your ass. Which TK didn't. So while I think a Toby Keith line of sleeveless tees is pretty much as trashtastic as you can get, I can't hate on him too much. Sadly.

0 comments:

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and Buildings by Antoine Mallet