Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Hilary Duff to Star in Bonnie & Clyde Remake?

Photobucket
It probably goes without saying that the original 1967 version of Bonnie and Clyde starring Faye Dunaway and Warren Beaty is one of the greatest films of all time. The performance given by both actors is remarkable. Obviously I'm not the only one who thinks so, because the flick garnered several Oscars including best actor and best actress. However, it has now been announced that writer/director Tonya S. Holly has created a screenplay for a 2010 movie about the outlaw lovers entitled "The Story of Bonnie and Clyde". While casting has not officially been announced, imdb has tapped Hilary Duff and Kevin Zegers (Wrong Turn, Transamerica) in the starring roles. Supposedly, Holly began working on the project after reading old newspaper articles about the gangster pair in an abandoned house on her family’s property.
Now I think I speak for everyone when I say I am cringing at the thought of this remake. After all, Hollywood has a very special way of taking awesome things (Psycho, Starsky & Hutch, Lost in Space, Alfie, etc.) and tarnishing the shit out them. That being said, Hil Duff did a Faye Dunaway ala Bonnie & Clyde photoshoot for Allure back in May and I must admit, she not only looked stunning, but she looked remarkably like Faye. So I guess only time will tell whether or not this remake is a good idea. I'm still going to go with probably not, but I like the Duff, so I want to give it the benefit of the doubt.

3 comments:

Scandalous Housewife said...

The Duffster is bullshit! Give me some depth in my Bonnie! I'd rather see someone like Cate Blanchett, or Kate Winslet!

Daners Isadora a.k.a Busty St. Clair said...

This is all very disturbing and I'm going to pretend it's all just a dream. No one can replace Faye. However, if it's going to happen, I agree Kate Winslet can surely try

Mrs. M. said...

I agree. I think both Cate B. and Kate W. would make much, much better choices!

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and Buildings by Antoine Mallet