Sunday, January 18, 2009

I Really Don't Understand Some People

Photobucket
There's a lot I don't understand about life-the appeal of Paris Hilton, whether the Amish can use tampons, and where on Earth Molly Ringwald's career went. However, I think I may have found the holy grail of questions. Something so mind blowingly ridiculous, that I cannot even begin to fathom how it came to be. And that question is how in the hell did Paul Blart: Mall Cop grab the number one spot at the box office this weekend? Compared to that shit, Jamie Kennedy movies look like fine masterpieces deserving of Oscar victory. What makes this situation even more perplexing is the fact that it went up against two solid competitors-My Bloody Valentine 3D, and Notorious. I mean come on! One movie is in 3-fucking-D, and the other is a well crafted drama about the life of Biggie Smalls! (Which btw, I guarantee you will snag mad nominations come next year.) Are we really the kind of country that goes in masses to see dumbed down comedies about a rent a cop?!? For God sakes, it raked in 33 million 8 hundred thousand dollars!!! Don't get me wrong, I love movies starring Ben Stiller, Will Ferrell and Adam Sandler. However, this movie just looked plain stupid. Like an insult on the intelligence of the people! Then again, I suppose people going to see this movie would explain a lot. Such as how we had Yosemite Sam running shit for eight extremely long years.

1 comments:

Future Man said...

Mall Cop is totally the new Good Burger. You betta recognize!

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and Buildings by Antoine Mallet