Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Kanye West: Friend of the Gays



I know many people have a love/hate (or even hate/hate) relationship with Kanye West, but not me. I know he's an arrogant SOB, but if I'm being honest, so am I. So how can I fault someone for flaws that I myself have? I think the answer is that I can't.
One thing that I love about Kanye West is his openess about gay tolerance and acceptance. The artist has expressed his dislike for homophobia, saying that the gays are super duper, and bring a lot of stuff to the table. One thing that he has especially given the gays big ups for is their fashion sense. This clip, in which Kanye talks about how his style is inspired by the gay man, has been making it's way around the web, and I thought I'd share it with you. I'm not sure exactly how old it is, but no matter that, I still think it's interresting. I know most straight men would be too insecure to cop to being influenced by gay men, and I think it takes a real man to not discriminate or give a flying fuck what others think about him. I think most men can learn a thing or two from Kanye and his open mind. But don't tell him that. It'll go straight to his head and you know it.

0 comments:

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and Buildings by Antoine Mallet