Thursday, February 5, 2009

Etta James Gives Beyonce the Verbal Smackdown

Photobucket
Beyonce, who played legendary singer Etta James in the film "Cadillac Records" is now ruffling the legend's feathers. As you may or may not have heard, Beyonce sang James' most famous ditty "At Last" for President Obama and company at his innauguration. While attnedees may have loved her rendition, one person unoquivically did not: Ms. James herself. At a concert this week in Seattle, James said: “You guys know your president, right? You know the one with the big ears? Wait a minute, he ain’t my president, he might be yours, he ain’t my president. You know that woman he had singing for him, singing my song–she’s going to get her ass whipped. The great Beyonce. I can’t stand Beyonce. She has no business up there, singing up there on a big ol’ president day, singing my song that I’ve been singing forever.”
Oh snap gurl! Ms. James means businass! She may be advanced in age, but I would definetly put my money on her in a throwdown of any sorts. Something tells me she would rip off her wig, remove her earings and have a bitch on the floor before they even knew what hit em.
Besides, Ms. James is a legend who has been in the game for a millenium. Hating on her fabulousness is illegal! If I were Beyonce I would thank her for even acknowledging that I exist, bow at her excellence and dismiss myself.

2 comments:

ChicChickory said...

Damn! Oh Snap is right. Shit is going down! Springer better ringside this one.

Suburbia Steph said...

I wouldn't eff with Ms. James! You know she'd be quick to snatch a weave up off someone's head!

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and Buildings by Antoine Mallet