Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I Only Make Muffins from Scratch.

Photobucket
To be perfectly honest, I'm not even sure what to say about this picture. I just keep thinking things like "Where do you even find friends like that?" and "Where the hell are they going in those outfits?" and "Why don't my friends dress like that?" and "Why doesn't anyone I have ever seen dress like that?!?" The world would honestly be a more colorful and interresting place. And while I am wondering where on Earth these gals are going dressed so fabulously, part of me assumes this Dita Von Teese and company are probably just making a quick trip to their local supermarket for a baked ham and some scallops. After all, isn't this sort of what women back in the day dressed like to run errands? And whatever happened to that? Dressing up in full on hair and makeup to pick up some gin and antidepressants? We should really be bringing that back. I mean tell me you would not just love to go to the market with a couple of girlfriends looking like The Ronettes about to bust out an accapella version of "Is this what I get for loving you?" Sure housewives back then might have been desperately unhappy, but damn if they weren't stylishly fabulous. Bourgeoisie, baby. These three look remarkable and flawless, yet a little bit like a gang. Like they wouldn't be afraid to cut you if you call their meatloaf dry. And I am totally down with that. I kind of want to be inducted into this gang. I bet initiation involves a Redbook magazine, 1/4 of a cookie recipe, and pantyhose.

1 comments:

ChicChickory said...

I would so run to the bank, on my way back from Walmart, after a quick stop at Starbucks in that outfit!!

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and Buildings by Antoine Mallet