Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Oh HELL to the No

Photobucket
I'm not quite sure if I believe in hell, but if it does exist I know two people who are going to get first class tickets. Dressed as Ku Klux Klan members, PETA members protested outside the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show at Madison Square Garden in New York on Monday holding signs that read, “KKK and AKC (American Kennel Club) Support Pure Bloodlines.”
Unlike the British Kennel Club, the AKC promotes breeding rules that lead to many health problems for pups causing pain and premature death. In an effort to keep their pups "pure", some breeders kill dogs who are not the “right” color. In the meantime, the puppy population continues to rise, resulting in pounds and animal shelters euthanizing many doggies.
Look, there are not many people who are more pro-dog than I am. I would punch a human in the face before I would ever be mean to a puppy. That's just how I roll. However, this whole stunt does not force people to confront animal abuse or neglect. It just makes PETA look like a bunch of jackasses. It's a total turn off! They're more concerned with getting publicity than they are about getting others to hear the message. I don't know about you, but this is not an effective strategy. Now those ASPCA commercials with Sarah MacLachlin showing all those doe eyed pups in kennels while "In the Arms of an Angel" plays solemly in the background? That moves me in their direction. In fact, it's so effective I almost feel like tossing all the contents of my purse on the floor sobbing "Take it! Just take it all! Save the puppies!!!!"

3 comments:

Suburbia Steph said...

OMG - Those Sarah MacLachlan commercials KILL me! I immediately turn the channel when it comes on! She has a new one out now with a different song...it's not quite as sad as the other commercial.

And as if I needed more proof that those PETA peeps are total freaks!

Mrs. M. said...

Me too! It is too sad that I can't stand it. The minute I hear it playing, I scarmble for the remote.

Mrs. M. said...

And hug my dogs.

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and Buildings by Antoine Mallet