Friday, February 27, 2009

Why Can't Every Fashion Show Begin This Way?!?


Somebody is getting an A for effort! Preparing a choreographed dance routine to open a fashion show with is one thing. Getting models with malnourished bulimia of the brains to actually remembered the steps is a whole other ball of tic tacs. And for that reason I am giving Frankie Morello's Show At Milan Fashion Week a big, giant, glittery gold star.
I could have done without some of the pieces (3D roses on pants is not exactly my personal cup of tea) but overall I think the collection was reflective of a unique, individual point of view. I'm also glad to see color is making a comeback. Don't get me wrong, I love black and gray as much as the next girl. But once you've seen dozens of shows filled to the brim with it, things start to get redundant.
I am coo-coo-bananas over this:


I also LOVE this look:









3 comments:

Lindsay Will Come At You Like A Spider Monkey said...

I love fashion, but every time I look at pics from fashion shows I begin to wonder how incredibly odd and ridiculous I would look donning one of these outfits.

Also, when I first saw that top time, I immediately sang Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go, more specifically the "Jitterbug" part. Not wuite sure what that says about me, but there you go

Lindsay Will Come At You Like A Spider Monkey said...

And by "top Time" I meant "top picture", obviously

Mrs. M. said...

LOL! I can totally see that now. In fact, now it's all I see looking at that picture!

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and Buildings by Antoine Mallet