Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Jada Pinkett Smith is a Teacher Now. And I am an Astronaut.

Photobucket
If there's something i love, it's the almighty ego of the celebrity. The balls it takes for someone to declare that they are a fashion designer/poet/fragrance maker/politician overnight is just ridiculous. I suppose because celebrities never hear the word "no", they think they can just up and do something without ever having to go throught the schooling that us mere mortals are required to go through. The latest sleb to jump on the Barbie-fied "princess/ballerina/vet/stewardess bandwagon is Jada Pinkett Smith. The 37-year-old actress-producer-musician and her husband, Will Smith, opened the New Village Leadership Academy last fall. The private school, for pre-kindergarten through sixth grade, has 60 students, according to the website. However Jada is hoping to expand her Scientologists in training endeavor by building an additional school next year. "My plan is to eventually have a high school," she said. "I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'm just trying to make it through this year." Jada decided to be a school marm after creating a home-school program for her children, 10-year-old Jaden and eight-year-old Willow. "More and more parents were like, 'Can we come?' " she said. "Then my house started to fill up. We had like 20 kids and I said, 'We might as well start a school." Yeah Jada. You're a regular Safia Ama Jan.
The New Village Leadership Academy generated some controversy when it was first announced because it relies on instructional methods developed by Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard. The school's director, who is an obvious liar-face, has said it isn't a Scientology facility. Pinkett Smith said the school stresses "100 per cent mastery," encouraging students to retake exams until they score 100 per cent. Because just like in life, there are infinate numbers of do-overs.
Can someone, anyone please tell me how you can just throw money at shit and create a school? I mean, come the fuck on! I used to really like this chick and now I just want to slap her in the face for creating a school of fuckery.
In other news, as long as we're making shit up, I am now a Princess. You may address me as Her Magesty The Royal Mrs. M of New Yorkshireville.

4 comments:

Suburbia Steph said...

Oh, shit. She's a scientologist too? Fuck! Xenu - take 'em away!!!!!!!

Lindsay Will Come At You Like A Spider Monkey said...

She just needs to remember she was in Woo. That should knock her down a few pegs.

Mrs. M. said...

OMG i forgot all about that! She looked a little tranadocious in that flick don't you think?

Lindsay Will Come At You Like A Spider Monkey said...

Agreed

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and Buildings by Antoine Mallet