Wednesday, March 4, 2009

They Fight Like Girls

Photobucket
I may have been feeling Dsquared2's show the other night at Milan Fashion Week, but I'll tell you what I'm not feeling: this ad. Getting Naomi Campbell and Linda Evangelista to do their S/S '09 ad campaign together might have sounded like a good idea on paper, but turns out it's actually not. Now I know Tyra would probably go on and on for days about how their angles are perfect and wonderful and blah blah blah, but in my opinion (and again, this might just be me) it looks like two prissy bitches that are afraid to hit each other because they don't want to fuck their hair up. You know the type of girls I'm talking about. The ones that will smack talk each other for 35 minutes about how they're going to kick the other's ass and wind up just pulling hair and sissy batting each other. And their facial expressions are, well, they don't have any facial expressions. Yes, that's probably because they're injected with the Botulism to the point of looking like something with three heads that would crawl out of the water in a Sci-fi made for tv movie, but with the wonders of photoshop you'd think they could at least draw a happy face on their or something.
However, while I find the "fight" ads annoying, what I find most interresting is this shot in which they're trying to be "sexy":
Photobucket

This is not sexy. In fact, it's a little sad. Like two lesbians that never had sex ed and aren't quite sure what to do. Poor things. I want to throw an anatomy book at their frozen faces. Then again, I wouldn't want to bend the book.
Two more:

0 comments:

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and Buildings by Antoine Mallet