Monday, May 4, 2009

The Costume Institute Gala's "Model as a Muse" Arrivals

Photobucket
The Costume Institute Gala's "The Model As Muse: Embodying Fashion" event is going down as we speak, so I thought I'd get a jump on things by letting you in on the evening's hits and misses. So without further ado, for better or for worse, I present to you the fab, fug, and mediocre of the evening:

Best Dressed: Leighton Meester. I know many of you guys are going to think I'm dead wrong, but this LV look is bold as hell. And honestly, if you can't take risks and have some fun for the Costume Institute, then when the hell can you? This outfit was a risk done right)
Photobucket
Honorable Mention: Queen Ashley Olsen
Photobucket
Worst Dressed: Helena Christensen
Photobucket
Dishonorable Mention: Madonna
Photobucket
Orange You Glad You're Radioactive?: Victoria Beckham
Photobucket
Biggest Resemblance to Helena Bonham Carter in a Tim Burton Dilm: Mary Kate Olsen
Photobucket
Biggest "Ooooh Girl, no": Andre Leon Talley
Photobucket
Holiest Diety: Queen!
Photobucket
Sexiest: Lake Bell (fuck yes this is hot. Very Marlene Dietrich. Smoking)
Photobucket
THE REST















4 comments:

Scandalous Housewife said...

Mrs. M,
I received my prize and I LOVE IT!!!!! It came in the most beautiful box with a pretty black ribbon. My daughter was ALL over it, so I was all, "Back off! That's Mama's!"
I'll post some pics this week!
Thank you!!!!
xoxo,
Scandy

Mrs. M. said...

I am so glad you like it! And hopefully your daughter doesn't swipe it from you. lol

Sasha said...

Amber!!!...WOWWEEEE!!!!!!!

Atlanta Cougar said...

I would covet a ticket to this gala! Just to be a fly on the wall would be da bomb. Leighton Meister...total fashion risk. Who was the designer? I guess the up and comers want people to buzz about them...in a positive or negative way. Andre Taley---OMG!! what in the frig were you thinking?

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and Buildings by Antoine Mallet