Friday, May 15, 2009

Derek Blanks Takes on Jennifer Hudson

Photobucket
Eff Annie Lebovitz and her overated, glorified boretraits. When it comes to today's photographers there are three very distinctive, very unique individuals that blow everyone else out of the water: Ellen Von Unwerth, Merkley, and Derek Blanks. If I had my druthers my entire house would be brimming with prints from all three artists. Unfortunately I'm too po' to do such a thing, but fortunately we have brand spanking new photographs of Jennifer Hudson by the one, the only Derek Blanks. What I find so special about him is he always manages to bring out all the different sides of his subjects. He sees beyond the surface and never fails to deliver the complexities that lie beneath. Also, I know it sounds majorly lame to say, but look at all the purty colors! His work always pops like Pushing Daisies. It's as if someone found the saturation button and turned it to max. (For extra credit see his amazing "Alter Ego" portraits)

Oh, and JHud betta watch her ass, because I'm coming to steal that kimono.
















source

5 comments:

Anners said...

Those are some nice pictures of Jennifer.

Scandalous Housewife said...

Love, love, love, love, oh, and LOVE!

Anonymous said...

Jennifer look cute I like

Keith said...

These are some incredibly beautiful photos of her. I really love them all.

Mrs. M. said...

i love that she looks just as good with or without all that styling.

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and Buildings by Antoine Mallet