Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Peaches Geldof is the New Ultimo Spokesho

Photobucket
Socialite and sometimes model Peaches Geldof recently landed herself a sweet six figure deal with lingerie brand Ultimo, ensuring that at least for a hot minute she doesn't have to hit her daddy Sir Bob Geldof up for cash. Peaches says it wasn't a difficult decision saying yes to the undie brand, because she wants to promote a healthier body image for younger women. "I'd rather young girls were looking at a normal body like mine rather than an anorexic model," she stated. As for Ultimo boss Michelle Mone, she said her selection of Peaches as the spokesperson was equally as easy. "Peaches was the perfect choice for this campaign. She's young, edgy with lashings of style," Mone added.
This isn't the first time Peaches has bared all in the name of fashion. In the past she has modeled for uberknickerbrand Agent Provocateur both on the runway and in print. Now I know that it's probably the logical thing to dislike this chick, but I just can't. There's something about her that I find oddly appealing. I can't quite put my finger on what it is specifically, but I do like the fact that she hasn't gotten all ano to obtain her modeling career. However, I feel slightly conflicted because I wonder if these brands would have given her the time of day if she wasn't rock royalty. In other words, I'd like to think the modeling industry is a changin', but they're probably just making an exception for the name recognition she brings to the table.



0 comments:

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and Buildings by Antoine Mallet