Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I Find This to Be Like, Totally Tubular and Way Rad


If you grew up in the 80's like me, this totally awesome mofo does not even need an introduction. But just in case you are really lame or have been living in a bomb shelter your entire life ala Brendan Fraser in "Blast from the Past", I'll tell you that Zack Morris is only THE coolest cat at Bayside High. He wears way dope white high top tennies, uses L.A. Looks to perfect his sweet wave, and he dated the prettiest girl in school, Kelly Kapowski. In other words, he's a total clydesdale.
Anyway, Zack (or Mark-Paul Gosselaar if you're nasty) showed up on the Jimmy Fallon Show to promote his new legal drama "Raising the Bar" which airs Mondays at 10 on TNT. Now let me just tell you, I am mad proud of MPG for showing up and playing Zack. (Which he did flawlessly by the way) Most celebs seek to shy away from their roots, prefering not to focus on the gig that made them famous and acting like they're too good for that shit now. But not MPG. Oh no. There is no shame in his game and I love that. He is committed to this bit in every way possible. From the football sized cell phone to playing with recently reunited Zack Attack, preppy is full on wicked to the max.
If you ask me, the world always needs more of two things: Cow bell and MPG.

5 comments:

Keith said...

My sis always loved Saved By The Bell.

Future Man said...

Holy shit!!!! This could be one of the best things I've seen on TV this entire year. MPG gets MAD ASS props. I cannot believe he got over the typical celeb ego and played out a sketch for almost 10 minutes. Kudos!!

Mrs. M. said...

ha-i knew you would love it, but at the same time i figured you'd be jealous of those sweet peg legged pants he's wearing. What time is it? It's Hammer Time.

The Haute-Shopper said...

Wow, I just got all nostalgic there. And I remember I used to watch Save the Bell whenever it was on. Loved this blast from the past...

Lindsay Is Tired Of Sarah Palin And The Spoiled Sport Republican Party said...

Man, I was all about Saved By The Bell. And Kelly Kapowski's bangs. I was envious of the awesomeness that was Kelly Kapowski's bangs. Try as I might, I was never able to reproduce the look. I was and still am, however, able to recreate the Matt Stone early South Park fame hairstyle.

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and Buildings by Antoine Mallet