Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Adam "MCA" Yauch Has Cancer!

Photobucket
When I first read this news, I gasped out loud: My favorite Beastie Boy, the gorgeous Adam Yauch has been diagnosed with cancer. Luckily for Yauch (or MCA, as he is usually called), he has a "very treatable" form of the disease, yet the diagnosis is still serious enough to result in the cancellation of all upcoming performances and delay the release of the Beastie's upcoming album, Yauch and his bandmates said in a statement.
The group said Yauch, 44, was diagnosed last week with a cancerous tumor in his left salivary gland. He said it would not affect his vocal chords. *Thank God!*
"I just need to take a little time to get this in check, and then we'll release the record and play some shows. It's a pain in the neck (sorry had to say it) because I was really looking forward to playing these shows, but the doctors have made it clear that this is not the kind of thing that can be put aside to deal with later." Yauch said in a statement.
He and fellow Beastie Adam "Ad Rock" Horovitz took to you tube to address fans about the ordeal and to clear up any confusion that might result of the news being released.

I think I speak for everyone here when I say get better soon MCA! We all want you to have an ill flow-not an ill body. So let's all send some good thoughts his way. It's the least we can do to say thanks for over 20 years of amazing music and for helping to show the world that not all flow dropping white boys spit like Vanilla Ice.

0 comments:

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and Buildings by Antoine Mallet