Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Beyonce and Hilary Duff Unveil New Ads for Clothing Lines

Photobucket
In celebrity clothing line news, we have a two for one post today staring none other than two fierce females, Beyonce Knowles and Hilary Duff. Up first is Beyonce, who just unveiled this new ad for her upcoming clothing endeavor inspired by her alter ego, Sasha Fierce. The collection will be a branch off from her already existing line House of Dereon, and will feature edgier, bad girl inspired looks. Personally I think while these designs won't exactly stand the test of time (B is known for her affinity for the trendy), all in all they are cute and definitely consist of pieces I would be more than happy to wear. I especially like the pairing of the little black dress with those pink and black striped socks. (Clicky clicky for a closer look)






Another pop star turned actress turned fashion designer to release an ad for her upcoming collection is Hilary Duff, who is currently designing a collection called Femme for DKNY Jeans. Here's her latest ad for the brand:
Photobucket
The line, which is slated to drop in the fall, was inspired by the Duffster's personal style and the tough city style of New Yorkers. The campaign “takes to the streets with style observer/street fashion photographer Scott Schuman aka The Sartorialist. Framed with manipulated polaroid edges, the campaign images have a literal and visceral connection to the street style of New York City.” Femme for DKNY Jeans will include a whole line of fashion items, including jeans, sweaters, tees, dresses and more. Prices range from $39 to $129. The Femme for DKNY Jeans ads, as shown below, will be running in National magazines such as Teen Vogue and Seventeen. Personally I think the clothes are cute and all, but I must ask where the hell is Hilary? All I see is some 6 foot tall Amazonian with legs for days and the whittled waist of Gisele. I mean honestly, are we to believe that HDuff miraculously grew an entire foot and changed her body structure overnight? Who is this ad fooling? We all know she doesn't look like that! Besides, if I'm going to buy clothes from Hilary Duff, I want to buy them from Hilary Duff. Not some freakishly watered down, anoed out, photochopped version of what DKNY wants her to look like. I mean, if DKNY wanted
Nancy Fowler Archer, they should have hired Khloezilla.

3 comments:

Emily said...

I'm excited for Hilary's line. And I think it's cool that the Sartorialist is photographing =)

Scandalous Housewife said...

1st, I'd like to slip into Beyonce's black body suit on the right, then put on Hilary's 'Flashdance' top and rip the sleeves off. Then I'll prance around singing, "I'm a maniac, maniac on the floor! And I'm dancin' like I never danced before..."

Mrs. M. said...

Scandy, I think that is because you have danced into the danger zone, where the dancer has become the dance *jazz hands*

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and Buildings by Antoine Mallet