Friday, July 3, 2009

Would You Rather: Matt Damon or Ben Affleck Edition

Photobucket
Ok so here's the thing: once upon a time, I could not stand either Ben Affleck or Matt Damon. Even looking at their faces had an effect on me that was similar to a cross between a rabid dog and epileptics watching Pokemon. I immediately began to convulse and foam at the mouth until they were safely removed from site. However, with time both have won me over to the point where I can look at them without feeling seasick or an induced migraine coming on. I think its because both have proven to be faithful husbands to their wives, and I am the type of lady that can really appreciate that type of thing.
Annnnyway, since I can now stand the site of both I must ask you to settle this decade long dispute once and for all. When it comes to these two besties, which do you prefer? Personally I find Matt Damon to be the better actor, but then again who doesn't? Even Ben Affleck probably prefers his ass. But that's Benny. What do you think? Whose movie would you pay to see and whose bread would you butter: Affleck or Damon?

5 comments:

Carsi said...

I used to feel the exact way about those two. I think it was after seeing Bourne Identity that Matt Damon slowly became more tolerable.

Anonymous said...

Personally, I've always admired Matt's package where I could always do with without Ben's.

Colette Lala said...

Matt Damon. No question. He had me at Jason Bourne (the scene where he's in the bathroom with Marie and grabs her face before kissing it... yeah I liked his arm in that). Actually, no he had me before that. Acting wise, he caught my eye in GOOD WILL HUNTING. Ben definitely doesn't have Matt's acting chops and he only really looked kinda good in ARMAGEDDON. Ben is, dare I say, a little "douchey-er". Something about him, and I'm not sure what, just always struck me as "needy". Matt strikes me as a tad more genuine. Although, Ben did earn some minor points for marrying Jen Garner. Wait, wasn't Ben with Gwyneth "Fishsticks" Paltrow at one point? Yeah... ok... maybe that's why I can't stand him.

Colette Lala said...

P.S. I totally borrowed Michael K.'s (dlisted) affectionate term for Paltrow: FISHSTICKS. Gotta give credit where credit is due.

Mrs. M. said...

i agree with you Coletta. The Affleck got major points in my book for marrying Jen Garner but any guy that would date Gwennie Paltrow and JLo has a major case of doucheitis. he may be passed that phase but he will forever be tainted with ick.

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and Buildings by Antoine Mallet