Thursday, July 16, 2009

Zooey Deschanel in August's GQ

Photobucket
So here's the thing: I adore Ellen Von Unwerth. She is my favorite photographer of all time because she's got such a distinctive point of view and isn't afraid to take risks. However, I do not like these pics of Zooey Deschanel for the August issue of GQ. If you ask me (and you didn't but I'm going to tell you anyway) these shots don't do Zooey justice. In fact, I much, much prefer her previous sessions with the photographer. (Examples below) While these shots are fun, I just don't feel they've captured the essence of the actress or made her look more attractive. In fact, I think they're taking away from her beauty. But that's just my opinion. What do you guys think? Does this spread get a fierce or no fierce?
























Some Older EVU Shoots:



4 comments:

Emily said...

Ehh, not crazy about them either. But I do love the other ones, especially the b&w ones!!

♥♥ her!!

Amanda said...

I love her too!

Sandra said...

Pictures are amazing! :)

box-of-style

Madam V said...

ooh zooey...she is my fav. i love her.

on a personal note..

MRS M..IS MR. M HOME YET? =] Nothing like waking up in the morning to realize is not Norton or Lola sleeping next to you but that is really him..ooh happiness hehe

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and Buildings by Antoine Mallet