Monday, August 3, 2009

Christina Hendricks in Esquire is Flawless Perfection

Photobucket
I really have only two things to say about these pictures of Christina Hendricks in the latest issue of Esquire: holy mackerel and good gotdayum. I mean honestly, the woman is freaking jaw dropping. Literally. My jaw dropped. She's like some fabulous alien from planet gorgeous. A Botticelli painting come to life. The very definition of the word "Woman". Which makes me ask myself, "Self, why don't women still look like this?" She's seriously enough to make a gay man turn straight-at least until he gets down to the lady regions and remembers oh, no. I do not like this. Not a fan at all.
Anyway, here's an excerpt from her interview, which was just too impossibly adorable not to share:
ESQ: Do you like to cook?

Christina Hendricks: I love to cook. I just got a deep fryer, and it's amazing. The first night we got it, we made homemade poppers. I mean, what's the best deep-fried thing ever? Cheese poppers.

ESQ: Do you drink while you cook? Watching Mad Men always makes me want to drink.

CH: I love cocktails. My specialty drink is a gimlet with a little egg white in it so it gets frothy. I really like rose water — sometimes I'll add it to champagne. I was at a bar recently and the manager came up to me and said, "We have a drink named after you!" The Joan Holloway. There was Campari in it. People are throwing these Mad Men — themed parties because, I think, it's an excuse to get dressed up and drink and smoke.


ESQ: Why do you think you got the part of the bossy secretary?

CH: Matt Weiner, the creator, had thought of Joan as pinched and tightly wound, but she's more of a sort of sexual character. I just went in and did the character as I had read her, which was bossy, brassy, everyone-listen-to-me. And then when wardrobe got involved, doing the pilot, I put on this dress, and all of the sudden I had a different walk than I normally had, and Matt turned to me and said, "That's Joan." I have my hair brought up a couple inches, and I have heels. I look like an Amazon.

ESQ: But you seem to embrace the fact that you're not this little waify nothing.

CH: This is the way I'm built, and I feel beautiful. It's funny, because I don't feel like I look that different from anybody. Everyone's always like, "You're so much smaller in person!"
*squeal* I love this woman sfm. Raven haired goddess beauty galore.















Cheap Esquire Subscription

2 comments:

Daners Isadora is Lindsay's Spy Girl Name said...

I FREAKING LOVE THIS CHICK! Seriously the best part about Mad Men

Keith said...

Wow! She is smokin' hot. She's definitely incredibly stunning.

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and Buildings by Antoine Mallet