Thursday, August 6, 2009

Dania Ramirez Annnounced as New Face of Cover Girl

Photobucket
Ever since Dania Ramirez first arrived in our homes as Maya, an unintentional killer with a heart of gold on NBC's Heroes, her star has catapulted into a supernova, earning her praise for both her beauty and her talent. And while the fruits of her labor are already being rewarded in roles such as the film "Brooklyn to Manhattan", now the actress can add model to her resume. That's right, the 29 year old Dominican beauty has been announced as the new face for CoverGirl. And according to Dania, getting to work with the brand is a dream come true. The actress tells People.com that “it’s been in the works my whole life. I’ve always dreamed of being a CoverGirl.”
In particular Dania is excited to bring a different type of beauty to the forefront and inspire young women who come from less fortunate backgrounds like she did. “I’m bringing my story, a story of struggle and hard work." says Dania. "Not speaking the language [when I got to America] and trying to figure out my definition of beauty, you learn to recognize the beauty in all of us. It takes a strong person to get where I’ve got.”
And make no mistake, she has gotten far. In fact, did you know that Dania graduated from Montclair State University? Or that during her time at MSU she was a star volleyball player? I think it's great to have such an educated, driven woman as a role model for her younger fans. Besides, of all cosmetics brands CoverGirl does focus the most on inner and outer beauty, emphasising the importance of both in a well rounded lady of any age. Pair that with a story of struggle and overcoming insurmountable odds and you have a woman that clearly has both. Personally I admire her ability to come to the US and become so successful. Particularly since I have seen first hand how very difficult that can be. I have a few friends that have come here from places like Honduras and the Dominican who did not speak a lick of the language when they arrived on the scene. One of my girlfriends even learned English watching Dora the Explorer with her daughter, so I know what an incredible accomplishment it is to come to this country, carve out a life for yourself, and adapt to a new environment. I applaud Dania for her dedication and can't wait to see her sure to be gorg television and print ads when they drop in early '10. Girl is fire!
source

1 comments:

Keith said...

That's so awesome. I love her. She's very beautiful. I enjoyed seeing her on Heroes.

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and Buildings by Antoine Mallet