Friday, August 28, 2009

DJ AM Found Dead


Sad news to report this evening: 36 year old Adam "DJ AM" Goldstein was found dead in his New York apartment today of an apparent drug overdose. As you may recall, AM and Travis Barker were the only two survivors of a plane crash that claimed the lives of four back in September of 2008. Although he suffered many third degree burns from the crash, AM went on to make a full recovery.
What makes this particular story so sad is the long battle that AM fought against addiction. He was clean and sober for quite some time, even opening up on several occasions about his struggle with drugs and depression. When exactly he fell off the wagon remains unclear, but sources are saying that the DJ definitely died of an overdose. Friends reportedly went to check on him at his NY home on Lafayette street after not hearing from him for several days. They contacted authorities when they could not get a response from knocking on his door. Police were reportedly called and eventually broke down the door only to discover Goldstein's body at around 5:20 pm. Sources are saying that prescription pills were found in his kitchen and a crackpipe were found near his body.
On Thursday, AM gave signs that he was unhappy, quoting Grand Master Falsh on his twitter stating, "New york, new york. Big city of dreams, but everything in new york aint always what it seems."
Shanna Moakler, the ex-wife of Travis Barker, posted a message of condolence on her Twitter page not long after the news broke. "My deepest condolences for DJ AM, you were a great artist and will be severely missed. My thoughts and Prayers to his family and friends," she wrote.
Lindsay Lohan, a friend of DJ AM's, also expressed her shock and sadness, twittering "can't believe this.. i'm in shock. why? why? r.i.p. adam," she wrote.
Less than a week ago, the celebrity DJ threw out the first pitch at the New York Mets game in the city.
Needless to say this is terribly shocking and sad. Thoughts and prayers to his family.

4 comments:

Keith said...

I was shocked and sad to hear this news. It's so tragic how things turned out for him. R.I.P.

Gabbi said...

Incredibly sad. Keith very much expresses my sentiments.

Daners Isadora is Lindsay's Spy Girl Name said...

When I first saw this on my Google feeder I said "Holy Shit!" I don't think there is a better way to express the shock.

Mrs. M. said...

I agree with you guys-I was completely shocked when I read the news. Celebrity or not whenever I hear something like this it makes me incredibly sad. He was much too young and the fact that he was given a second chance at life surviving that plane crash makes it even more tragic.

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and Buildings by Antoine Mallet