Wednesday, August 26, 2009

i-D Magazine First to Feature All Black Supermodels Cover


So normally I don't post magazine editorials that feature just models, however when I heard about the latest issue if i-D magazine, I had to dig a little deeper. Now I don't know for 100% whether this is true or not, but from what I have been reading on the boards this is the first fashion magazine to feature all black supermodels together on the cover. Sessilee Lopez, Chanel Iman, Arlenis Sosa Pena and Jourdan Dunn joined forces to strike some fierce ass poses for photographer Emma Summerton for the publication's Autumn issue. In the past both Jordan Dunn and Chanel Iman have graced the covers, but never with other black top models. I hope someone can tell me whether or not the buzz is true, but I definitely hope it's not. To think that in 2009 this is the first damn fashion mag to feature a bevy of black beauties is disheartening. In my own life I have never considered race an issue, so it's always shocking to me to see the world so far behind in where we should be.
On a lighter note, what is up with i-D and the winking?!? Everyone on their covers are either winking or have some damn hair covering their eye. I know that's their signature and all, but I wish they'd stop. Stop trying to make Fetch winking happen. When you do it all the time it just looks like you're shooting the models in the midst of the damn dust bowl.
VISINE























Elle Driver is Not Amused

2 comments:

Scandalous Housewife said...

But it looks like 4 photos of the same model...

Mrs. M. said...

I think the moral of the story is that diversity is great and amazing so long as you are 97lbs and were blessed with flawless bone structure.

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and Buildings by Antoine Mallet