Monday, August 24, 2009

Miss Universe Pageant or RuPaul's Drag Race?


So there I was last night, bored out of my brain and waiting for a new episode of Mad Men, when suddenly I see the listing on my television for the 2009 Miss Universe pageant. I turned it on figuring it would be mildly entertaining and let me tell you, it was a tranny's my wet dream. I swear Bob Mackie must have bent over and took a giant shit all over that place, because it was infuckingcredible. Glitter and sequins and feathers as far as the eye could see. It was as if they created that national costume segment just for me, Chris March and the ghost of Carmen Miranda. That shit was over the top and too much and I effing loved it. And because I love you I thought I'd share some of my favorite, most elaborate costumes from the show, all of which should find their final resting place in my closet. If I had to pick my favorite though I'd have to go with Japan's ah-maze-ing kimono. In fact, it had me downright giddy until I saw this abomination:

Meet Miss USA. She enjoys long walks on the beach, guys who chew Copenhagen, and dressing like
Carley Bobby from Talladega Nights. Redneck racecar Barbie here is supposed to be repping the US. And I wonder why the rest of the world doesn't take us seriously...
The only thing that could have lifted my spirits was Ms. Venezuela, who looked like the hot drag love child of Mary Poppins and Scarlet O'Hara. And I mean that as a compliment. Look at her popping that hip like she's in a Beyonce video. I don't think you're ready for this jelly!

Anyway, here are some of my other faves. Hope you likey!





4 comments:

Sam said...

Miss USA even stole her outfit from RuPaul's Drag Race!

http://www.nationalwatercooler.com/nationalwatercooler/NationalWaterCooler/Entries/2009/8/23_Miss_Supermodel_of_the_Universe.html

Sam said...

Miss USA even stole her outfit from RuPaul's Drag Race!

I meant... http://tiny.cc/MissRuPaulUSA

Mrs. M. said...

*gasp!* OMG Sam you are so right!!! When you see the side by side comparison it's uncanny! RuPaul worked it better though.

Made In The J.L.A. said...

My thoughts exactly!

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and Buildings by Antoine Mallet