Friday, August 7, 2009

Queen Ashley Olsen is Regal Perfection in Marie Claire

Photobucket
All hail! Queen Ashley has taken a precious few moments from single handidly saving the fashion world, holding up the economy with Starbucks purchases and looking ridiculousl flawless to talk to some mere mortals over at Marie Claire about her very busy, very hectic life. Although the world has held a fascination with The Other One aka Daisy Buchanan for the past few years, Ashley has preferred to stay behind the scenes, working tirelessly on her collections for her clothing lines The Row and Elizabeth and James. In a rare interview with MC's Lucy Kaylin, Queen spills the beans about her passion for fashion, surviving superstardom at such a young age and her two hour a night Rock Band habit. Here are a few interresting excerpts:
On her early experiences with fame: "It was almost like I was in the army. School, work, homework, fly to New York, get in at 2 in the morning, do a morning show at 5 a.m., then another one at 7, then a radio interview at 10, you know? That's why I look at Britney, and I'm surprised I didn't end up like her."
On her and The Other One's eclectic sense of style: "I think you're either born with a sense of style or you're not. Either you care or you don't. And we love fashion. When we were going to NYU, I think that was the first time we were aware of the power of our personal style. Not the power of it, but the result of it. Between the big sunglasses and the Starbucks cup and the big sweaters, the hobo-chic thing, we were more shocked than anything. I get it; we were fortunate enough to have really nice clothes, and we put them together in this raggedy way. My mom wears glasses this big"—she mimes massive goggles—"from the '70s, and you wonder where we got it from?" She laughs. "The dark eyeliner, the scarf around the head—it's just so interesting and natural." Her family, she says, was "very bohemian." "Mary-Kate and I are very aware of trends and style, but at the end of the day, we don't even think twice about it. It's just, What do I feel like wearing today, and how do I want to put it together?"
On her new obsession with Rock Band on Wii: "I swear to you, it's brought out this whole new thing in me. I can be a very serious person, and I take my job very seriously, but at the end of the day, I need a break."
On her boyfriend, The Hangover's Justin Bartha: He just called from a press junket in Europe; Ashley signed off with, "Keep your phone by the bed" and "I love you." To say the least, it's been a relief for this pillar of self-sufficiency to have someone she can count on, who puts her ambitions in perspective. "It's more important than anything else in the world," Ashley says.
Honestly I adore this woman. Adore her. People often forget the previously unmatched level of fame she and MK had to endure. Personally I think it is a mirical that they have turned out as well rounded as they have. I mean, they were the first people ever to literally grow up in front of the world, beginning their Full House career at the tender age of nine months. They could be slinging back mohitos in Greece and getting busted for a 5th DUI, but instead they are both actively pursuing their passions. I don't know about you, but I think that says a lot of their character, and I certainly respect both Ashley and MK for their hard work ethic and committment to doing what they love.


















































Cheap Marie Claire Subscription
source

2 comments:

Pia Lachheb said...

I couldn't agree more. She rocks. It's kinda crazy to have a 23 year-old as your style icon but one's gotta give credit where it's due...nice pics Mrs. M.

Mrs. M. said...

thanks pia! its hard to believe she's 23. On one hand i remember when she was just a wee lass on my tv screen, on the other hand she's been around forever and she's got probably more life experience than any 23 year old should have, so she seems much older.

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and Buildings by Antoine Mallet