Monday, August 24, 2009

Top Designers Create Twilight Wedding Gowns


Normally I am not a fan of big ass dresses and confetti and everything that goes along with the word "wedding", but I did find this pretty interresting: In Style has comissioned today's hottest dress designers including Christian Siriano, Max Azria and the goddess of all things I do, Monique Lhuillier to recreate a dream wedding dress for Twilight character Bella. Yes, that is how out of control this whole Twilight thing has gotten. Magazines are now asking A list designers to sketch for a fictional character. And they're doing it. I tell you, any day I am expecting some pasty teenagers to come to my door asking if I've heard the good word of the Edward Cullen. (I have, so don't bother)
Anyway in the Twilight sequel Eclipse, Bella wears a wedding dress described as an early 1900s design with friend and Maid of Honor Alice Cullen's modern tweaks to the train and veil. "You look like you just stepped out of an Austen movie," Bella's mother says to the bride-to-be when she spies her in the gown in the final book, Breaking Dawn. "It's gorgeous! So graceful, so elegant." So fug! That Zac Posen gown looks like it was designed by Josie Grosie ala "Never Been Kissed", no?



It's like what the fucking hell Zac Posen, you lazy ass bitch! You think people will eat up any ol thing you shit out simply because you are Zac Posen? Well guess what? They will. Because they're stupid.

However while ZP might have whipped up my worst taffeta nightmare, designer Prabal Gurung hit a home run with that amazing backless gown (pictured above). Talk about the cat's meow. I would box my own mother to own that gorgeous piece of heaven. Then again my mom's a yoga nut who has mad game. So perhaps I should say I'd box your mother. I might have more of a chance.
Anyhow which of these dresses is your fave? Which could you see Bella rocking during her i-dos?
Bagdley Mischka & Brian Reyes












Christian Siriano & Erin Fetherston












Lela Rose & Max Azria












Monique Lhuillier & Zac Posen

0 comments:

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and Buildings by Antoine Mallet