Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Fashion, Thy Name is Rihanna


Rihanna, Rihanna, Rihanna. Could there be a bigger fashion goddess at the moment? I tell you, when I see someone who loves the art of style as much as she does, I get a little teary eyed. A girl after my own heart! Why, RiRi does not so much as go to the grocery store without fully putting on the Ritz. I'm talking hair, makeup, glasses, attitude, the whole nine yards. But she doesn't just do it for herself. She does it for us! She knows I can only afford this outfit in my dreams, thus fullfills my fashion fantasies so that I may dress vicariously through her. You are a foot soldier of style, Rihanna. A captain of couture. A woman of the people. And I love you for that.
However while I may be praising the fashion fatale that is Rihanna, many, many people were chastising her for this very ensemble just this morning. They not only are saying they loathe this flirty little heather colored dress, but they find it all the more repulsive paired with these tough as nails thigh high boots. Just because she's not wearing RayBans and some ironic t-shirt doesn't mean she looks bad. It just means they cannot comprehend the high fashion concepts of a woman such as Rihanna. Their feeble little brains cannot wrap themselves around the idea that not all XX chromosomes are created equal. Rihanna is a beautiful and unique snowflake who (regardless of the outcome) tries. She tries. And for that reason I employ the haters to leave her alone. Unless of course you want to jump her and take that outfit. In which case you may give it to me.

5 comments:

Lions, Tigers and Fashion OH MY! said...

love rihanna! I also love your header photo, I tried that pop bottle thing but they kept sliding out...too slippery lol ;)

Lady Mel said...

Love her fashion sense, but she cant sing..... :(

Scandalous Housewife said...

How does she manage to tuck the vinyl leggings in the boots?

Keith said...

I love her style. I think she's fantastic.

Mrs. M. said...

I think the boots are part of the pants. Like shoepants.

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and Buildings by Antoine Mallet