Friday, September 25, 2009

Tim Burton's Magical Fashion


If I was given one living person whose head I could crawl around in and observe for an hour ala "Being John Malkovich", it would definitely be Tim Burton. The man is a creative genius. A visionary. A great asset to film. Hell, I remember making my grandmother rent "Beetlejuice" so many times when I was younger that she finally had one of her friends tape it for on VHS. (Back when that type of thing was a big deal and very hard to do) Being able to see the world through Tim Burton's eyes, even if only for a moment, is a privilege. Anyway since I am such a fan of his work and know many people who admire him greatly, I thought you guys would enjoy seeing the man try his hand at something he's become quite familiar with over the years-using costume design and fashion to help tell a story. The director teamed up with Harper's Bazaar for (what else?) their October/Halloween issue, and styled an array of familiar characters in some modern day haute couture. The spread is in honor of Burton's upcoming
retrospective at New York's Museum of Modern Art, which will be running from November 22, 2009–April 26, 2010. I'd have to say my favorite of these pics (though I love them all) would have to be the one pictured above. Though I do adore the apperance by my homegirl for life, Lydia Deetz.






5 comments:

AlanaMarie said...

Very cool! Tim Burton is amazing.

LadyGaga said...

:)

Better than some fashion labels today...

Stephanie said...

Creepy fashion, but very interesting concept. :)

Keith said...

Wow. These are so incredible. I really like Tim.

Carsi said...

I'm really liking this, I can't wait for Alice In Wonderland

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and Buildings by Antoine Mallet