Friday, September 18, 2009

Uma Thurman Looks Stunning in W Magazine


When I opened my mailbox yesterday and saw a striking amazon of a woman staring back at me I wondered who this new gorgeous model was. A new recruit from Ford perhaps? An up and comer sure to be booking Milan by fall? Imagine my surprise when a second later I noticed the blazing "Uma Thurman" headline staring straight back at me. And to think the actress is in her 40's! If you ask me, 40 has never looked so lovely.
However although Uma may be delighted she could still pass for a girl in her early 20's, the actress insists that she is glad to be older. At least because of the confidence and self assurance age brings. She tells W, "I can’t say my 30s were the easiest time. And I had thought my 20s were hard! You know, that’s the worst mistake a woman can make, to think, Oh, I’m 32 and I’ve had two kids and I’ve worked since I was 16 and now it’s going to get easier. Because as soon as you think that, you’re doomed! You’re absolutely doomed!" She continued by saying "I feel like I lived my life backwards. Like Bob Dylan said, ‘I was so much older then; I’m younger than that now.’ Getting older has been a process of realising that I wasn’t as grown up as I had thought. When I was a teenager people often referred to me as jaded or knowing. It’s a classic teen illusion to think you know it all, but I’ve certainly learned I don’t. I’ve certainly learned the hard way.'
Another thing she's learned the hard way was that love and marriage isn't always what it's cracked up to be. The actress split from Ethan Hawke, the father of her two children back in 2005 amidst reports that Hawke was cheating on her with a nanny. Uma has since bounced back with multi-millionaire Arpad Busson whom she met in 2007 at a dinner fuction in Milan. The pair have been engaged for quite some time but Uma insists she's in no rush to walk down the aisle. "I'm not a rush to do anything" she says. "One day we'll do it, when we're ready." However the two may wed sooner than she lets on. Just today a rumor leaked that Uma has already booked a date at the Kensington Palace-the same venue where Princess Di married Prince Charles in 1981.
Up next for Uma is a staring role as Medusa in the upcoming flick Percy Jackson & the Olympians. I don't know about you, but I think that's a role she'll knock out of the park. Medusa is a strong, well known female character, but if anyone can act past the makeup and bring such a woman to life, it's definitely Uma.

0 comments:

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and Buildings by Antoine Mallet