Thursday, September 17, 2009

US Weekly's 25 Most Stylish New Yorkers


Every year, US Weekly chooses 25 New Yorkers with amazing style to celebrate with an annual party. Previous recipients have included Tyra Banks, Elisabeth Hasselbeck and Christian Siriano. This year the mag is taking a que from the past, giving big ups to other models, talk show hosts and designers alike. Model Christie Brinkley, The View co-host Sherri Shepherd and designer Vera Wang were just some of the slebs honored at US Weekly's bash on Tuesday for their fashionable tendencies. However I must admit, I was highly disappointed with some of the selections on this list. How one can even begin to file The Real Housewives of NY and Vera Wang in the same category is completely beyond my scope of understanding. We're talking apples and rotten apples. Oranges and decayed banana peels. Those two should not be mentioned in the same sentence, nevermind be on the same list. Besides, call me old school but I just don't believe you should be praised for your amazing style if you work with a stylist. Style is an artform. Something that comes from the heart and soul. It's not something that can be bought. It's something you feel from your gut. Which is precisely why Lady GaGa's absence on this list is unacceptable. That woman eat, sleeps, and breathes fashion. She may not be everyone's cup of tea but she certainly is more stylish than a couple of PWWs with a sky high credit limit.
Anyway here are the rest of the honorees including the one, the only Amber Rose! No list is complete without her. I effing love that woman. It goes without saying that if I could raid anyone's closet on this list, it would undoubtedly be hers. But what's your opinion? Who on this list do you consider to be the best dressed?

US Weekly's 25 Best Dressed New Yorkers 2009
Alicia Keys
The Real Housewives of NY
Vera Wang
Chris Cuomo
Martha Stewart
Christie Brinkley
David Berrie
Broklyn Decker
Andy Cohen
AMBER EFFING ROSE!!!
Katrina Bowden
Catherine Malandrino
DJ Cassidy
Sherri Sheperd
Kat DeLuna
Elle Macpherson and Sara Paxton
Kerry Diamond
Emmy Rossum
Ivanka Trump
Marni Senofonte
Whitney Port
Mark Birnbaum and Eugene Remm
Cobra Starship
DSquared2
Jamie-Lynn Sigler

4 comments:

Keith said...

I agree with some of these choices. I love the pic of Alicia. There are people up here I would have left off and others I would have put on. I don't see how someone could leave off Lady Gaga's. She's definitely got her own sense of fashion and style. That's one of the things I love about her.

Mrs. M. said...

Catherine Malandrino would be my second choice. she is so french and effortlessly sexy. Right up your alley Keith! i could see you two having a cocktail while she smokes a cig chatting about old movies and how people used to care about looking suave.

Daners Isadora is Lindsay's Spy Girl Name said...

The put the RHONY on there? For reals? 'Cause that isn't gonna fly with me. Nuh-uh. No way.

I love love love Alicia Keys! I'm so glad she's on there. She's just all around sexy and gorgeous. and the girl can rock an outfit.

Mrs. M. said...

Alicia is such a stylish badass. Did you see her performace on the MTV Music Awards? It would have been epic had lil mama not decided to act like a fangirl and jump on the stage.

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and Buildings by Antoine Mallet