Sunday, October 18, 2009

Adam Lambert Talks Sex, Cops a Feel in Details Magazine


When it comes to love and sex, I have a different view than most. Sadly I'm not as informed on the way the rest of the world feels about it, but as for Americans I know many believe that when it comes to attraction, people generally fall under two categories: gay or straight. However I think differently. For as long as I can remember I have believed that we are so much more than just the shells of our body, and we can never, ever count out falling in love with or being attracted to someone who might not otherwise be our type. Gay, straight, bi, boy, girl-these are all such general, sweeping terms that they leave virtually no room for emotion or personal interrpretation. Which is why when the Bible beaters see these pictures of a super sexed up Adam Lambert getting his sexy on with some model girl, they are probably going to go into a giant hizzy tizzy. Is he straight now? Has he seen the light? Or is he just trying to be salacious by getting tongues 'a waggin'? How about neither?
When it comes to Adam Lambert's music, I could probably do without. However as far as his bold, uninhibited personality is concerned, I am fully intrigued. Yes, we all know that Adam is a gay man (who has had a steady boyfriend for quite some time), but I love how unappologetic he is regarding his sexuality. Much like Bowie or the late, very, very great Freddie Mercury, Adam blurs those lines of gender and gender preference and just oozes sheer sex. No matter if it's a dude, a chick or a fig leaf-if he's near it he will seduce it. Which is why I salute you Adam. You are not man, nor woman, nor friend nor foe. You are much more than that. You refused to be put into a neatly wrapped box, and I effing love that.
But enough gushing. Here are some supa sessy pictures of El Lambert in the November issue of Details as well as some excerpts from his interview.
On female fans crushing on him: "I think it's weird that I'm having this effect on women. It's flattering. I've never had underwear thrown at me before. Clearly there's something significant about it, because there aren't a lot of openly gay men in the entertainment industry." He continued by saying " I think it's beautiful. That's the way it should be. It shouldn't matter what a person's sexual preference is - it doesn't change their appeal."
Cheap Details Subscription
On one female fan he may have locked lips with: "There was one woman in Jersey who was actually gorgeous," says Lambert. "She had obviously had a couple of cocktails, and during an after-show meet-and-greet, she just slithered up next to me and started kissing my neck. I was cool with it. But then it started to get a little weird because she was, like, moaning. She gave me a note that said, 'I want to make out with you, here's my number,' and I was like, wow, this is crazy. But again, it's cool. Because yeah, I'm gay, but I like kissing women sometimes. Women are pretty. It doesn't mean im necessarily sleeping with them. Of course, had I been the one drinking cocktails," he adds, "I probably would've made out with her."

On his many "jock" fans: "Maybe it's the thing of being, like, confident in who you are, which cuts across the lines of gender and sexual orientation."
On judgemental, religious protesters: "I have no problem telling people, 'You know what? I'm not your babysitter and I'm not your church', " he says. "They go 'Jesus loves you, too.' One time I just blurted out 'I'm Jewish, okay? I don't need another crucifix! That's not an appropriate gift for me!'" He laughs. "I know people are coming from a good place, but it can be offensive. Like, 'Thank you, I'm not Christian! I don't read that book.'"
On his first acid induced epiphany: "I had a spiritual epiphany about the world and where I fit into it and what I'm supposed to be doing. And my epiphany was, I can't be afraid anymore, I have to take life by the balls and make shit happen."

-----
On a seperate note, how suprised are we that Details did not take the lazy way out and call this editorial "Adam Lambert Kissed a Girl and Almost Maybe Possibly Sort of Kind of Liked It Mostly Because he was Drunk but Also a Little Bit Because the Chick was Wearing Cherry Flavored Lip Balm and He is a Sucker for Fleshy Fruits with Single Seeds."?













source

3 comments:

Selmyra said...

so sex !! i heart it

Keith said...

I think sexuality is a lot more fluid then most people think it is. Most want to say you have to be either straight or gay. Maybe bisexual. I think there are plenty of people who have sexual thoughts about people they never would have imagined. Some people actually act on those feelings at some point in their life.

Mrs. M. said...

i completely agree, Keith. I have never understood why people create such boundaries in this country and get so offended by sexuality. Besides there are so many other things in the world that deserve worrying about besides a little sexual experimentation.

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and Buildings by Antoine Mallet