Sunday, October 11, 2009

Christina Hendricks Shares Style Secrets with Marie Claire


I'm going to tell you guys a premature bedtime story, so listen up: Once upon a time (like, 2 months ago) I had a friend who had never heard of Mad Men. I was astonished to hear this because as far as I was concerned even the indigenous peoples of the West Andes knew what Mad Men was and probably found some way to tivo the show with their imaginary stone carved televisions. Anyway I told said friend (let's call her Betty Sue) about the show and insisted that she tune in. After all, despite her full body tattoos she's just a pie baking, caserole making mother of three at heart. She loves the 50's and early 60's with a passion so I knew she would go gaga for Don Draper and company. Naturally I was right (aren't I always?), and Betty Sue wound up taking to the series like fly on honey. But if you think it was Don Draper's smooth talking ways that made her a believer, well, you'd be partially right. But while she does love her some Don, the cast member that really speaks to her is the vivacious ginger princess known as Joan Holloway (portrayed by Christina Hendricks). It's been quite some time since we've seen a woman with curves strike fashion and fawning in the hearts of so many, but thanks to Christina's bodacious body and maneating personality, women with a little extra bootay have found the quintessential style icon. Just like my friend Betty, countless women the world over have begun snatching up figure flattering pencil skirts and looking to both Christina and her character Joan for inspiration. Which is probably why Marie Claire asked the star to list her favorite, must have pieces for fall. So for those of you who have been hot for Christina's cool style, this is the perfect post for you. In addition to the scans from Marie Claire I am also adding some of C's greatest hits from Mad Men. Enjoy!
Marie Claire Subscription
(click small pics for the enlarged version)











1 comments:

Keith said...

Great photos. Christina is beautiful and stylish. I love her.

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and Buildings by Antoine Mallet