Thursday, October 22, 2009

Glamour Magazine's 30 Sexiest Under 30


You know what? I am disappointed in Glamour magazine. When I heard they had revealed their latest "30 Sexiest Under 30" list I was anxious to share it with you guys. I figured that Glamour, unlike Empire's psuedo David Duke rankings would include a variety of gorgeous guys and girls in various shapes, sizes and colors. After all, Glamour is always boasting that they are equal opportunists and like to celebrate what makes us different. So imagine my suprise when, upon reading the list, I noticed that it was more of the same. 99% white, 99% Twilight cast members (ok more like 97%) with a little Freida Pinto sprinkled in so they don't look racist. What gives? No black people are sexy enough to make their list? None?!? What fucking planet are we suddenly living on?!? And don't even get me started on how many people on this list (under 30, mind you) have already had multiple plastic surgeries. Am I the only one currently disgusted by how single minded the idea of "sexy" has become? I mean, what makes "sexy" so appealing isn't that it represents some general idea of physical attraction, but that it provides an opportunity to understand and appreciate what makes others tick. Big boobs, small boobs, quiet, loud, pale, nubian, tall short, celebrity, civilian-we are all so different in so many ways and I love that. However if we are to believe basically every magazine currently in publication, sexy consists of a very, very limited number of features none of which apparently include being too dark, too heavy (aka not knocking on death's door) and anything less than a bratty, stuck up little millionaire. I am sorry if this comes off as sanctimonious or confrontational, I'm just sick of being told by the media what IS sexy. Because if I'm being totally honest I would never, ever, ever consider Chace Crawford's manicured, pretty boy, probably can't even mow my lawn without crying over a broken nail, lights are on but my eyes are a vacant seven mile stare bullshit as sexy in a trillion years. And I sure as shit wouldn't go calling Taylor Lautner, technically still a child, sexy like every single mag on the shelf. Bunch of pedobears!
Anyway here's the list. And yes, that is a picture of Foxy above, accurately describing what I think about their rankings.
30. Hayden Christensen
29. AnnaLynne McCord
28. Ashley Greene
27. Ashley Tisdale
26. Jake Gyllenhaal
25. Emma Watson
24. Camilla Belle
23. Cam Gigandet
22. Chris Pine
21. Evan Rachel Wood
20. Sienna Miller
19. Justin Timberlake
18. Hayden Panettiere
17. Amanda Seyfried
16. Ben Barnes
15. Ed Westwick
14. Freida Pinto
13. Zooey Deschanel
12. Blake Lively
11. Leighton Meester
10. Chace Crawford
9. Jessica Alba
8. Taylor Lautner
7. Shia LaBeouf
6. Scarlett Johansson
5. Vanessa Hudgens
4. Kristen Stewart
3. Zac Efron
2. Megan Fox
1. Robert Pattinson

5 comments:

Keith said...

I know what you mean. This list has the same names that we see constantly. There's no diversity at all. There are a lot of other sexy people out there of all colors.

Mrs. M. said...

like the women you pay tribute to on your site! Pam Grier, Claudia Cardinale, Marilyn-you are always featuring bodacious babes of all types of backgrounds. i love seeing that.

Emily said...

Meh. Most of the guys (and ladies too) that I think are hot are over 30. Some are WELL over 30. Most people get sexier as they age, IMO.

Mrs. M. said...

i think so too Emily. Even if they dont they almost always get most confident and self assured with age, which imho is way sexier than looks.

Anonymous said...

Please!! Ofcourse only caucasian women are sexy(!) Glamour should come out of the cave they live in!!

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and Buildings by Antoine Mallet