Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Gong Li is Gorgeous Perfection in Elle China


Here at Slacker Chic I try and make a point of celebrating a wide variety of what beauty means to others. To some it may be a tatted up Suicide Girl. Others might find classic enchantment of Cate Blachett to be the most alluring while others still prefer the cuvier figure and spunky personality of larger, more outspoken women like Beth Ditto or Mo'Nique. No matter who you are or what you look like, almost everyone is going to have a varying opinion on what is hot and what is not. However no matter what your personal preference, you can't ignore the fact that Chinese actress Gong Li is one gorgeous, breathtaking babe. The regal way in which she carries herself reminds me of Monica Bellucci or Nicole Kidman (sans the botox, of course). She's got a face made of porcelain, a body made for sin, and a reputation worth respecting. Which is why when I came across these photos of the actress in Elle China, I had to share. And although I can't read Chinese, I'm guessing that the interview says something about her upcoming movie, Shanghai-a drama/mystery/thriller in which she will star alongside John Cusack. According to Wikipedia, the film centers on the life of Cusack in the months leading up to the bombing of Pearl Harbor as he investigates a friend's murder in Shanghai. There he meets and falls in love with Li's character, Anna Lan-Ting. In the meantime if you can't wait to see Li on the silver screen, might I suggest "
Curse of the Golden Flower"? It is one of my favorites and hands down one of the most visually stunning films of all time. If you have not yet checked it out, I implore you to do so. You won't be disappointed.


2 comments:

Keith said...

I think she's incredibly beautiful.

Killjoy said...

I agree Keith. This woman should be high on every most beautiful list there is.

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and Buildings by Antoine Mallet