Thursday, October 22, 2009

Radar's Top Hot Actresses That Can Sing


Jennifer Lopez. Hilary Duff. Jada Pinkett-Smith. What do all these ladies have in common? Yes, they are all smoking hot actresses, but they've also found enormous to moderate success in the field of music. Unless you've been living under a rock in the center of the universe you've surely heard one of JLo's many singles. But did you know that Jada fronts her very own rock band, Wicked Wisdom? Or that Gossip Girl's Leighton Meester released her first single, "Somebody To Love" featuring Robin Thicke, on October 13? Radar Online surely did which is why they have come out with this list of the top hot actresses who can also belt one out. Personally I would have also added Juliette Lewis to this list because as we all know I think she not only has a killer voice, but she is hot, hot, hot! I also would have included Minnie Driver who has put out two records, 2004's Everything I've Got in My Pocket and 2007's Seastories. I had never heard any of her work before but just so happened to catch her performing the single "Mockingbird" live on the Jay Leno show last year and I was totally blown away. Her hypnotic gypsy voice floored me. She sounded even better live than on her cds! If she hadn't found success as an actress she surely could have found it as a singer.
Anyway here are Radar's top list of ladies including Brittany Murphy who has sung in several of her films (8 Mile, Little Black Book) but has yet to put out a full length album (though one has reportedly been in the works for years). She did however make a guest appearance on Paul Oakenfold's "Faster Kill Pussycat" which remains one of the most played songs on my ipod. I've also attached a video for some of my favorites including Wicked Wisdom's "Something Inside of Me" and JLo's "Do It Well" from 2007's Fashion Rocks. That remains my favorite performance of hers because 1.) she looked amazing and 2.) she sang live. Live. We all know JLo isn't the best singer in the world, therefore if she can sing live AND do choreography there should be no excuse for anyone else not doing it. If you are a singer, you should be required to sing. It should really be a law. I'm serious. A singer not singing is like a mechanic that doesn't work on a car. Utterly effing useless.
Oh, and if you've see Brittany Murphy tell her to eat and damn sandwich and make another movie already. It seems she's been MIA for ages.
Radar's Top Hot Actresses That Can Sing
Miley Cyrus
Hilary Duff
Vanessa Williams
Scarlett Johansson
Lindsay Lohan
Brittany Murphy
Leighton Meester
Jennifer Love Hewitt
Jada Pinkett-Smith (love that woman sfm)

Jennifer Lopez

Brittany Murphy

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

I never knew Brittany Murphy could sing. I love that video you posted. Also, I love Miley Cyrus her music is so cute. :)

Annie said...

I LOVE LEIGHTON MEESTER!

and that first picture, of that girl,
she's pretty :)

love annie <3

Keith said...

These are really cool. I like some of these. I'm a huge fan of Leighton so I'm definitely interested in her music.

Mrs. M. said...

i agree Stephanie-Miley is cute as a button. I tried to find her performance w/ Sheryl Crow of "If it makes you happy" from the Vh1 divas live show but it must be super copywritten because i couldn't find the video anywhere. It was a good performance though. Probably her most grown up and mature yet.
and im glad you like the picture annie! It's of Brittany Murphy.

Brittany said...

How can one leave Zooey Deschanel out of this catagory?!

Anonymous said...

Awesome, but you're missing Amanda Seyfried and Rosario Dawson. They can also sing =) Nice list, otherwise.

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and Buildings by Antoine Mallet