Monday, October 12, 2009

Run Scarlett, Run!


Oh nos! This cannot be! In an event more shocking than Britney shaving her head, more disturbing than the ending of "Freaks" and more Earth shattering than a 9.5 on the Richter, ScarJo was spotted sharing the same toxic space as Courtney Love at last Tuesday's RED(Nights) Event at Carnegie Hall. The charity function featured both Love and Johansson belting out a few tunes for the fundraiser. In Courtney's case though I'm sure the bidding war wasn't so she could continue, but so she could get the hell off stage. In fact I hope the second ScarJo left she made an emergency visit to Hazmat so that they could thoughroughly decontaminate her ass. It was probably like a scene out of "Cloverfield". After all, rumor has it CLove's spit can eat through metal like acid through paper. I wouldn't want her tainting poor Scarlett with her funky fumes. Although I will admit, CLove's outfit for the occassion is super cute. And no, I'm not being sarcastic. I really do like it.
As for Scarlett, she has been involved with RED since 2006, and considers it one of her most important ventures. The actress first vistied the country of Rwanda in 2008 to see for herself the plight of the nation. She spoke on the effect it had on her life, saying “It was important for me to come here and understand the issue we’re up against firsthand. It’s not until you’ve had the privilege of meeting healthcare providers who are fighting the daily battle, heard from people who are now getting antiretroviral drugs to stay alive, and met mothers whose babies are born healthy because they received treatment that stopped transmission of HIV, that you understand that we absolutely can do something to reverse the AIDS crisis in African countries. I came here with an open mind, wanting to listen, understand and learn; I leave with the overwhelming understanding that the small action of making a (RED) choice in your purchases in the West has an enormous impact on the lives of people in countries like Rwanda”.
On a less serious note, I got a text this morning from a friend who had just saw Scarlett perform her new single "Relator" with Pete Yorn. She was really impressed with the actress' singing and commented that she could have easily had a blossoming singing career had the whole acting thing not panned out. I'm not sure whether she was saying that because she knows how much I heart Scarlett, or because she sincerely thought she was amazing, but I'm going to go ahead and choose to believe the latter. Anyway here are some more pics from the benefit including Fred Armisen doing his best Prince impression. When those two get together, comedic genius ensues. In fact I'm attaching a clip from my favorite skit on television of all time, featuring Fred and Scarlett on SNL so you can see what I'm talking about. But be warned: it might make you want to run out and buy a chandelier. You could look like the King of freaking England or something.

Pics from the Event











How Freaking Cute is This Picture???

3 comments:

Carsi said...

eek hope Scarlett wasn't near Courtney for too long. hehe
That's probably one of the funnier skits to come out of SNL in recent years, it's one of my favorites

Stephanie said...

I love Scar's dress. It is so pretty, and with her hair styled that way, she looks gorgeous.

Keith said...

Courtney is so disgusting. I wouldn't want to be within miles of her.

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and Buildings by Antoine Mallet