Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Shakira Talks the Meaning of "She-Wolf" with i-D Magazine


I have to be honest: I'm not all that enthused about the recent revival of bodysuits, but if one vivacious Columbian can pull them off, it has to be Shakira, Shakira! The "She-Wolf" singer recently sat down with i-D magazine to discuss the sights and sounds of her latest cd. When asked what "She Wolf" means to her, Shakira replied by saying that behind the concept lies a message of freedom. "It's about defending those individual liberties with teeth and claws, like a nocturnal animal...I think we're so close to being freer. Every generation is a little more liberated from the chains of culture, history, upbringing and the limits that society puts on you." Then again, she muses, a She Wolf can also provide a comical alibi when one doesn't feel like taking full responsibility. "Yeah we all pretend to have a rational, intellectual side but at the end of the day we all have this completely irrational side that is primitive and and primary and makes a lot of mistakes." Shakira says "But it's easy when you say 'It's not my fault. It's the She Wolf inside of me.'"



2 comments:

Keith said...

I love Shakira. She's incredibly hot. I love "She-Wolf." Great song and video.

Mrs. M. said...

I know you normally don't go for the modern stuff so that's quite a compliment coming from you. I'm sure if she heard it Shakira would blush ;)

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and Buildings by Antoine Mallet